• Action Against Medical Accidents (AvMA)

    AvMA is the charity for patient safety and justice. They provide free independent advice and support to people when things go wrong in healthcare. You can find self-help information and leaflets on their website. You can also call their helpline for advice and support.

  • Samaritans

    Samaritans are a 24-hour confidential listening service. They offer a ‘safe place to talk’ where they listen to your concerns, worries and troubles.

  • CQC

    The Care Quality Commission (CQC), is the independent regulator of health and adult social care services in England. The CQC does not investigate complaints, but you can still share your experience through their online feedback form.

  • Parliamentary Health Service Ombudsman

    The Parliamentary Health Service Ombudsman was set up to provide an independent complaint handling service for complaints that have not been resolved by the NHS in England. They consider complaints fairly and the service is free for everyone.

  • Local Government Ombudsman

    The Local Government Ombudsman scheme looks at complaints about councils and all types of care services for adults in England. They investigate complaints in a far and independent way, and the service is free. In most cases, they only consider a complaint after the council or care provider has had Read more [...]

  • POhWER

    POhWER is the free and confidential Independent Health Complaints Advocacy Service for the three boroughs. This service helps and supports people making, or thinking about making, a complaint about their NHS care or treatment.