What is the project about?
Following recent local and national developments in digital healthcare, Healthwatch Central West London has focused on identifying the healthcare needs and aspirations of young people aged 16 – 25 in Hammersmith & Fulham.
Our findings were presented at the King’s Fund Digital Health and Care Congress as part of the “Listening to Patients and Citizens” session. You can read more about the session, and download our full presentation here.
What did we do?
We have been working with young people to develop and trial different engagement methods and activities to talk to young people about healthcare.
We created opportunities for young people in Hammersmith & Fulham to have a say on:
- how, and if, they want to access healthcare digitally
- which of their healthcare needs (if any) could be covered by digital healthcare
- and what a digital healthcare system for young people would look like
How are we using this information?
- We are working with young people to develop recommendations for Hammersmith & Fulham Clinical Commissioning Group and Hammersmith & Fulham Council, to improve engagement with young people around their healthcare.
- Use our information and recommendations to influence and support future commissioning of digital offers in Hammersmith & Fulham and across North West London
- Contribute in the wider discussion about digitisation that is taking place in the NHS
Who can I contact to learn more?
Contact Eva, the engagement lead for Hammersmith & Fulham at:
email@example.com or 020 8968 7049