Our advocacy service is a free and confidential service available to anyone in Hammersmith & Fulham who wants support to make a complaint to the NHS.
Our service gives you:
- An opportunity to speak to someone who is independent of the NHS
- The individual assistance you need to feel supported to make your complaint, and throughout the complaints process.
- Information about how to make a complaint and who to contact.
For more details on what you can expect when you contact us, click here.
Who is advocacy for?
This service is for anyone who needs support in making a complaint about an NHS service. It may be that English is not your first language, or perhaps you just need a little bit of help understanding the process. Learn more about advocacy here.
How can advocacy help me?
Our advocate can:
- Provide information about how to complain, including who to complain to
- Explain the complaints process and your options at each stage
- Help you to write letters
- Help you to prepare for complaint meetings and attend with you
Our advocate cannot:
- Support you with a complaint about something that happened more than 12 months ago, unless you have only just found out that something went wrong or you have a good reason for not complaining sooner. This is because the NHS regulations say you should complain within 12 months.
- Support you with a complaint about private health care
- Give you legal advice
- Give you medical advice
For further details on what we can and cannot offer as an advocacy provider, click here
How can I make a complaint about an NHS service?
To understand what is involved in this process, head over to our How to Complain webpage.
Frequently Asked Questions
We have done our best to answer any further questions you may have in our FAQs section