Giving young people a voice in Westminster and Kensington & Chelsea
Young Healthwatch is a dedicated team of volunteers and core Healthwatch Central West London staff, committed to listening to young people about what they think of local health and care services and finding out if they meet their needs.
We want all young people living, working, or studying in the area to feel supported by local services so that they can always find the support they need.
We do this by:
- Raising awareness of the different issues that affect young people
- Reaching out to young people in our area, gathering their views on issues that matter to them
- Providing information and resources about local and national support services
- Collaborating with local leaders to improve our local health and social care services
- Developing our team of volunteers, offering training and support to develop their skills as we build our understanding of local issues
“Make sure you have things to look forward to in your day. For me, it is cooking and watching TV. For some of the other volunteers it's listening to music really loudly and dancing, or maybe it is doing extra-curricular things like this. Find what works for you.”
– Thoughts from our volunteers
Hi, I'm Alex, and I coordinate Young Healthwatch. My role is about ensuring young people's voices are heard in conversations around mental health services, and I want to make sure young people have access to the support they need.
We are a group of volunteers who live, work, or study in Westminster and Kensington & Chelsea, and surrounding boroughs. We're all passionate about improving mental health support for young people, and making sure local services work for everyone.
News, ideas, events, creative writing, and more...
How we´re working with care homes in Westminster and RBCK to hear from residents about their access to dental care…Read More
Information will be provided to parents and students via the schools to enable them to make an informed decision about taking up the vaccine…Read More
In our 2020 survey, over 80% of respondents identified body image as a key cause of stress for young people.
– Young Healthwatch, Bridging The Gap Survey 2020