A Patient Participation Group (PPG) is a group made up of:
- Practice patients aged 16 years and over
- Carers of registered patients
- Members of the GP Practice staff
What do PPGs do?
- Review patients’ surveys, such as the Family and Friends Test
- Listen to patients’ stories and views
- Explore ideas and suggestions on how to improve patients’ experiences in GP practices
- Discuss with GP practice staff an action plan for service improvements
- Monitor the implementation of the service improvement action plan
- Run small projects around patients’ education, health promotion, and improvements to the GP practice’s environment.
Want to know more?
If you would like to know more about PPGs in Kensington & Chelsea, Queen’s Park or Paddington, please get in touch with the project coordinator, Odeta Pakalnyte
If you would like to know more about PPGs in Westminster, please get in touch with our patient engagement officer, Jill Prawer.