Who are we?
We are the independent champion for people using local health and care services.
We listen to what people like about services and what could be improved.
We then share their views with those with the power to make change happen.
We also share them with Healthwatch England, the national body, to help improve the quality of services across the country.
People can also speak to us to find information about health and social care services available locally.
Our sole purpose is to help make care better for people.
In summary – Healthwatch Central West London is here to:
- Help people find out about local health and social care services
- Listen to what people think of services
- Help improve the quality of services by letting those running services and the government know what people want from care
We actively seek out the experiences of local people and champion their voices, concerns, and ideas in order to shape local decisions and services.
We reach out to all parts of our communities to ensure they know about their rights, and so that we reflect their priorities and concerns.
We work in partnership with local community groups and leaders to bring about positive changes in health and social care, and to increase our reach and influence.
We are independent, open, honest, and use our insight and intelligence to hold decision-makers to account and improve local services.
- Obtain the views of local people regarding their needs for, and experiences of, local services and importantly to make these views known.
- Enable local people to monitor the standard of provision of local health and care services, and whether and how local services could and ought to be improved.
- Promote and support involvement of local people in the commissioning, the provision and scrutiny of local services.
- Make reports and recommendations about the standard of local services, and how these might be improved – sharing these with decision makers.
- Escalate systemic concerns, and provide local intelligence to Healthwatch England, and regulators.
- Undertake Enter and View activity to establish the standards and quality of local services.
- Signpost people using health and care services, their families and their local communities.
Meet the team
Healthwatch Central West London is
maintained by a small but dedicated staff team.
Meet the board
We are governed by a Board of Trustees who are
accountable for Healthwatch Central West London.