Concerns about the future of Charing Cross Hospital have been repeatedly raised to Healthwatch CWL by Hammersmith & Fulham residents.
To address this, we raised a series of questions to decision-makers in the local NHS. We also spoke to over 200 outpatients, to hear directly from people using Charing Cross Hospital.
We found that:
- 70% of respondents from Hammersmith and Fulham want opportunities to be involved.
- 83% of all respondents were ‘very satisfied’ or ‘extremely satisfied’ with treatment on the day.
Christine Vigars, Chair of Healthwatch Central West London said:
“Healthwatch have compiled this report to support patients and people who use Charing Cross to get their voices heard. We are working to ensure that their views are listened to and acted on by those with the power to make decisions about future health provision locally.”
Below you can find:
- Questions and answers received from local NHS decision-makers
- Charing Cross Hospital Report: Experiences of Today, Questions for Tomorrow
- Responses from Councillor for Hammersmith & Fulham, Ben Coleman, Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust, H&F Clinical Commissioning Group, and MP for Hammersmith, Andy Slaughter