Despite the numerous anxieties and challenges swirling around us, the young volunteers that make up Young Healthwatch Westminster have consistently displayed the hunger, enthusiasm, and critically, dedication to keep showing up for video calls and to keep pushing forward in their pursuit of giving young people a louder voice in the design and delivery of mental health services and support.
The group has been focused on creating a mental health survey which has been designed to:
- capture how young people think about their mental wellbeing
- what causes them stress and why
- what they feel their options are to combat the stresses they face
The survey has been thoughtfully made so that we can gather the thoughts and experiences of young people, but also to identify where more support and information is needed so that they can access the help they need.
What we need from you
- To ensure the greatest possible impact of this work, please share our survey with any young person (aged 14-25) who lives, works or studies in the borough.
- If you are a young person, please take the survey and pass it on to your peers
We will be reaching out to schools, colleges, youth clubs, local community groups and support services (to name a few) via email and social media, but we need your help too in spreading the word.
Get in touch
If you have any questions at all, or wish to find out more about what we do please contact Alex by email: Alex.Weston@healthwatchcentralwestlondon.org
You can also follow our Instagram page – @yhwwestminster – for updates on our work and lots of mental health related content! You can also find COVID-19 information and support for young people – and the whole community – right here