NHS Walk-In Service at Half Penny Steps
Read the Report
This project has finished. You can read our findings in our report.
The West London Clinical Commissioning Group (WLCCG) wants to improve urgent and non-urgent primary care across West London. As part of this, they are looking at the future of the NHS Walk-in service at Half Penny Steps Health Centre.
The contract for the NHS Walk-in service at the Half Penny Steps Health Centre expires on 31st December 2017. The WL CCG are considering what to do about it and how to improve provision and access to urgent and non-urgent primary care beyond this date.
The West London Clinical Commissioning Group is proposing to relocate the NHS Walk-in Service at Half Penny Steps Health Centre and improve provision and access to urgent and non-urgent primary care services at West London by increasing use of the GP Extended Access Service.
Primary Care at West London
Locally, primary care is available through:
- GP surgeries for registered patients, usually open Monday to Friday 8.00-18.30.
- The Out of hours GP service, offering appointments after 18.30 and/or on Saturdays.
- NHS 111, the free NHS non-emergency number. It provides help with urgent healthcare needs, and directs people to the right local service, first time.
- Urgent Care Centre, at St Mary’s Hospital. It treats people with minor injuries and conditions
- High street pharmacies, provide advice, treatment and medicines for common ailments.
- GP Extended Access Service, provided by 2 extended hours GP hubs (St Charles Centre for Health & Wellbeing and Violett Melchett Health Centre) and a series of GP practices providing extended hours services (spokes), 4 of which are less than 0.5 miles from Half-Penny Steps.
- NHS Walk-in Centre at the Half Penny Steps Health Centre