Event Category: Community and Voluntary Sector Event
Breaking down barriers and realising your true potential.
Are you visually impaired and want a career, an apprenticeship or to go to college?
Visually Prepared is a new event aimed at people of all ages with a visual impairment, particularly those aged between 12 and 25 years, their families, friends, all teachers and social workers and others in this field.
Come and find out about:
- College, work or apprenticeship opportunities
- Access training and support
- Equipment to increase accessibility and independence
- What benefits, funding and grants are available
- Accessible and assisted transport
We will have:
- Dragons’ Den sessions to give you feedback on ideas (but not funding)
- Advice on CV writing
- Inspiring story telling about accessibility
- Stalls to try and handle equipment
- Help to apply for transport and benefits
- Accessible computer games to try
- 25 stalls for advice on topics like equipment, education, employment and support
- Taster workshops