Event Category: Community and Voluntary Sector Event
Thursday 21 November 2019 is Carers Rights Day.
This is a national day that helps to ensure unpaid carers are aware of their rights and know where to get help and support.
On the day, Carers Network will be hosting information stalls from 1pm-4pm in a number of surgeries across the City of Westminster, the London Borough of Hammersmith and Fulham and the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea.
- Randolph Surgery, 235A Elgin Ave, Maida Vale, London W9 1NH
- Imperial College Health Centre, 40 Princes Gardens, SW7 1LY
- Canberra Old Oak Surgery, 56 Bloemfontein Rd, White City, London W12 7FG
- Cassidy Medical Practice, 651A Fulham Rd, Fulham, London SW6 5PX
- Barlby Surgery, St Charles’ Centre for Health and Wellbeing, Exmoor St, Ladbroke Grove, London W10 6DZ
- Kings Road Medical Practice, 529 Kings Road, London, SW10 0UD
At the stall you will be able to find out how Carers Network may be able to help you – or a family member, friend or neighbour who may be a carer.
Every day 6,000 people in the United Kingdom become carers (Carers UK), often unexpectedly. As a result, they have no way to plan or prepare for the sudden changes to their own life – whether that be juggling their employment with caring or having to claim new benefits. At the same time, they will have to come to terms with their new caring role and navigate the health and social services system.
Carers Network is an independent local charity. Our vision is that every unpaid carer is recognised and leads a healthy, fulfilling life with control over their caring role.
Carers Network delivers one-to-one assessments with carers, an information and advice service, support groups and drop-in sessions. In addition, we have a busy programme of events, activities and training.
If you are a local carer over 18, looking after an adult in the City of Westminster, The London Borough of Hammersmith & Fulham or the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea, contact us today so we can help you find your way.
Twitter: @ CarersNetwork