The Care Quality Commission is consulting on a further set of proposals, which will help shape the next phase of regulation for health and social care across the country.
‘Everyone has the right to experience safe, qualified and compassionate care. We are seeking views on how CQC’s regulation will play it’s part in achieving this.’ – David Behan, Chief Executive at CQC
For the next eight weeks anyone with an interest is encouraged to have their say!
Some of the proposals cover:
- How the CQC will monitor, inspect and rate new models of care and large or complex providers.
- Changes to the current limits that prevent the CQC from altering a rating following an inspection if the last rating was awarded less then six months ago.
- The CQC increasing its focus on how to encourage adult social care services that are repeatedly rated as requires improvement to get to the expected standard of quality.
- Changes to how providers should engage in the ‘fit and proper persons’ requirement for directors and the information the CQC will be expecting
The full consultation document can be downloaded here: Our Next Phase of Regulation Consultation Two
To provide your feedback and for more information go to: CQC Next Phase
The closing date for all comments is Tuesday 8th August.
You can also provide feedback by:
- Email: email@example.com
- Post: Freepost RTTE-JTBT-ZTHH
Next Phase Consultation
Care Quality Commission
151 Buckingham Palace Road
London, SW1W 9SZ